Tuesday, May 25, 2010

6 months in the making....

Getting Riley's side of the room ready (his crib is on one side and my craft table is on the other hence the one picture) has been 6 months in the making. I had purchased the wooden frames and painted them right before he was born, but didn't get them hung 'til a few months later.

I was so excited the night i had hung them up thinking i was finally done; I was in my room with Riley when i heard a loud crash! I went to see what it was and found that the orange frame had fallen, hit the crib and broke (lame M3 command velcro picture holders). After 4 months of waiting I finally got another one, only to paint it wrong. I had painted the frame dark orange and the dots in the light orange, so with lots of elbow grease (and my dad's belt sander) I sanded and repainted the frame and hung them today. So 6 months (almost 7) after he was born Riley's room is finally done! And as you can see in the picture he is excited.....Now where to hang his calendar?

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

Quite the craftsman! That picture is pretty great with Riley!

sarah said...

SUPER CUTE FRAMES Megan!!! :)

Alisha said...

So cute... pretty sad to say I have not been to your house since baby Riley was born... Man he is so gosh dang cute! I miss you all so much!