Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wonder Pets

I'm sure that if you don't have kids (and even if you do) you aren't aware of a kid's cartoon on Nick Jr. entitled "The Wonder Pets". Essentially you have a hamster, turtle and duckling that live in a pre-school, but that have alter-egos as well that they use to go and save other animals. Essentially they sing a bunch of songs, dance around and receive distress calls through a red tin can that sits up on the counter in the school house. A magical fly boat takes them all over the world in a matter of seconds (well, they sing their song, and when its over they've arrived no matter how far) and they even have been known to dive into paintings, and travel back in time to rescue animals in need.

Ethan and Kate have a mild obsession with this show, so we have a dozen or so episodes recorded for them to watch on-demand. Each 30 minute show is divided into two rescues, and their favorite one is where they save the "Rat Pack" and the "Fiddler Crab". Yes, the rat pack are three rats pretending to be members of the famous rat pack, but these guys can't dance so they need help. The fiddler crab is pretty much a take on the Fiddler on the Roof movie, so they need to help the crab learn to play on more solid ground. Ethan and Kate sing and dance along, and we were finally able to get some solid footage of them doing it the other day. So, without further delay, I present to you the Wonder Pets (with their back-up performers of course.) Enjoy!








2 comments:

Alisha said...

Love it... I was so happy to see you had updated your blog! I have some tears cause I can't believe how big they already look and we just left. I never realized how much I was going to miss everyone until I see something like this or I hear one of your voices. It was sure nice to spend a couple of days with all of you, but wasn't enough time that is for sure! I love you all ;)

Benjamin said...

Righteous! If this is whats to come then I am a lucky man, say hello to good times!